Friday, July 29, 2011

Feeling Good

So if you had asked me a couple months ago, I would have said I was horrible, but not today.  I've been doing really good.  I still have some residual problems, but I'm very happy I had both of the back surgeries.  My right leg is still weaker then my left, I'm not real sure how to fix that.  I have a dull ache down the back of my right leg that the doctor says will probably be with me for life.  I've been getting more and more active.  I go out dancing now, wasn't able to do that for years.  I've also been making some headway in the sexdrive department, still no where near normal, but closer.  My husband is much happier now.  The pain still comes some days, but usually I don't take anything but ibuprofen for it.  I think I've taken 1 painkiller in the last 4 weeks.  That's alot better then 2-4 a day. 

I realize I will probably have residual effects from the fusion for the rest of my life.  It was worth it.  The doctor said the disc above and below are at risk because they are taking more impact now.  It's possible that I will have problems at those levels in the future, but for now I'm thrilled that I can almost live again.

No comments:

Post a Comment