Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3 Week Update

Well it's been a little bit since I updated.  That's because I'm feeling better.  I went to the doctor last Thursday and I'll be going back to work this Thursday.  I'm really nervous.   The doctor did x-rays and they look really good.  Without all the hardware you can see the fusion much better.  It looks strong.  So he said I could go back to work whenever I wanted and I choose this Thursday.  My job is very physically demanding and I didn't want to go back any sooner because I still have scabbing over the incision.  I've had an incision open back up once before and didn't want to have that happen again.  Anyway we discussed the what if my employer tries to push me physically like they did after the fusion.  I told him I wasn't going to be stubborn about it this time.  If they make me cry, I'm going home.  He said to call and he would put me back on medical leave.  Don't think he really likes my employer.  I think I blogged a little about it last time.  When I went back to work after my fusion, I feel, they intentionally put me on a job that was constantly bending over.  I cried in pain every day.  I won't do it this time.  I don't really think it's going to be a problem, because I do feel so much better.  My biggest hangup is I don't want to be disabled.  I don't think I can be retrained to do anything easier.  I've worked many years in a factory setting and I'm not qualified to do anything else.   I don't have a college education, I regret that now.  If I had went to college I could possibly find something I could do.  It wouldn't be easy because I have trouble sitting for very long as well as the things I've been doing.  It would need to be something that balances moving and sitting.

Anyway my family are good.  At least my husband and children.  My parents not so much.  Their home was flooded for 3 weeks.  They had at least 3 feet of water in their mobile home for 2 weeks.  It's a total loss.  They have been living in a tent on their property for 3 1/2 weeks.  I don't like it at all, I understand it but I don't like it.  They are going through their home and garage trying to salvage anything they can.  It's horrible, the water knocked things off shelves.  If it wasn't extremely heavy or bolted down it got shifted around.  They have found a few things they can save.  I really wish their realtor would call them.  They put in an offer on a house in Florida.  So far the government hasn't declared it a national disaster, but I'm hoping within the next week FEMA will come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment