Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 7

Well I'm doing better I think.  The ice packs really helped bring the swelling down, well that and the ibuprofen the doctor let me take.  I'm taking very few painkillers now too.  I really don't like taking them because of my family's addictive personalities.  I've yet to have problems with it, but I could just as easy as others in my family have.  Yesterday I went to my niece's graduation party.  We didn't stay long but it was nice being out with my family.  I kind of shocked my family by showing up, but she's only going to graduate high school once and I wanted to at least show up.  I was sick after I left there, didn't take any painkillers all day due to wanting to go.  Didn't want to fall asleep and not make it there.  So when I got home I took some painkillers and grabbed the ice packs.  Oh WOW I left off stopping at my husband's niece's house.  She graduated too, unfortunately she didn't have a party but I needed to drop off her present.  She is beyond sweet and thrilled to get anything for graduation.  Anyway so after the pain subsided some I felt much better.  I discovered I get nauseated when my pain goes high. 

Anyway so far so good.  I'm hoping for the best with this surgery.  I already seem to have less grinding in my back.  There isn't a whole lot of information on recovery or anything like that out there to help you know if your doing good or not.  Hopefully someone searching hardware removal will find this and find some comfort.

On to today's events.  Today I went to Menard's with my hubby and the grocery.  He convinced me to use the electric cart in Menard's.  It felt horrible, the people there just kept staring.  You can't see I've had back surgery and I'm only 41 so nothing is visibly wrong with me.  I just wanted to leave.  After that we went to the grocery.  I refused to use the electric cart there because of the looks at Menard's.  I hope I don't look at people like that, I'm sure I do.  Everyone is guilty of it, passing judgement without the knowledge needed to pass judgement.  Anyway by the time I left the grocery (getting stuff to replace the stuff from the broken fridge) I was in a lot of pain.  I rested and took ibuprofen because I still wanted to do things today with the family.  After awhile the pain got a little better.  Called my husband to get the grill going.  He grilled burgers and hot dogs.  I made some fries and cheese sticks.  It was a good afternoon.  Now that everything has settled down I've taken my painkillers and I'm just relaxing trying to unwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment