Thursday, May 26, 2011

Day 3

Well I still have a lot of pain.  I don't seem to be bouncing back as quickly as I'd like.  I don't know what I expected since it is back surgery.  I may call the doctor today and see about getting something for the muscle spasms.  Can't hurt right?  Anyway I am setting my alarm now for every 4 hours so I remember to take my pain meds before I let it get back out of control.  I'm not gonna second guess the surgery yet.  I can't tell a lot yet because my muscles are screaming but I don't have the catch and grind on the right side that I can tell.  I'll know more when I can walk better.  I've tried using the walker and it doesn't appear to be helping but I'm forcing myself to get up and move as much as I can. 

We had a storm come through last night.  Let me tell you it was no fun getting to the basement.  Once I was there it wasn't bad.  We have a furnished basement with recliners and entertainment center.  It isn't a finished basement, but I've decided we need to put a bathroom down there.  Maybe when I get better we can do that.  It can be the next subject for my blog, when pain isn't the focus anymore (positive thinking)  So guess we need to check into how to plumb it because it is below the current plumbing.  I can't have the kind of bathroom I want upstairs but maybe downstairs I can put in the jacuzzi tub and walk in shower.  It could be fun planning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment