Monday, October 12, 2009

Blue Monday

Hello all.  Today I actually got up and filled the dishwasher.  I made a box dinner, nothing special, but at least I tried.  I'm feeling kinda cruddy now.  I didn't take any painkillers today so I'm paying for it now.  I took one a few minutes ago to try to get it back into control.  Anyway I'm feeling blue most days.  Seems I actually have no friends.  No one ever calls and asks how I'm doing.  It's very depressing to realize your 40 and no one cares if you live or die.  Oh well at least my family loves me and cares.  I think my husband has tomorrow off work.  Maybe we can go visit his parents or something.  I need some human contact.  I also have no followers here, but I'm going to keep writing because some day someone might come across this blog and it might help them to know they are not alone.

YOU ARE NOT ALONE.  There are many back pain victims that feel alone.  I got lucky my doctor did my surgery without too much arguement.  Don't get me wrong I've struggled with the pain for 10 years, the first doctor told me there was nothing he could do but have me do basicially nothing forever.  I wasn't going for that so I ignored my pain, popped ibuprophen like candy, and continued to damage my back.  Some people go to many doctors before they ever get tests and diagnosis.  If you have an orthopedic urgent care facility in your town go there.  They helped me more than any other doctors could have.  They immediately got me to x-ray.  Based on the x-ray I had an MRI 3 days later.  If you know anything about MRI scheduling 3 days is extremely fast unless your dying.  Anyway you aren't alone. This is my favorite forum:  http://www.spine-health.com/forum  everyone is very helpful.  Even there be careful because most people that remain on that forum after surgery are the one's that didn't get a lot better.  Once people are better they don't tend to post so much.  There is a lot of helpful advice.  There is even a list of things to prepare for surgery and surgical aftercare.  I personally haven't posted a lot on the forum because well I think I am getting better.  I don't need as much advice now.  Yes I'm still taking pain pills and yes I'm still in bed a lot, but those aren't from my original back pain, they are from the surgery.  My particular surgery required some bone removal and metal implants so it's going to take me a week or two more to be feeling really good. 

If your reading these posts and have any questions drop me a line.  Put it in the comments,  I'm not sure but my email should show up somewhere if you want a more personal answer.

Oh one more thing,  the doctor said extreme depression is common after this type of major surgery.  He said the longer I'm stuck in the bed the more depressed I'll get.  He also said to get to moving around but still be really careful-- no bending, lifting, or twisting.  Darn it and I like BLT's too LOL.

1 comment:

  1. Hello... you don't know me but we are on each others face book friends. Thats how I found your page. :) Just wanted to say hey and am wishing you a speedy recovery. Interesting enough I have chronic DJD in my lower back and sacrilaic joint disfunction? Disease? something or another and two bulging discs. Have not had surgery as of yet but will need to eventully. But I just wanted to say that I do care that you are here and I might in a small way kinda know how you feel or at least some of how you were feeling. Shoot me an email or something some time. Melissa Lessert

    ReplyDelete