Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Breakin the Rules

Ok so sometimes you just gotta break the rules.  Not the biggie's of no Bending, Lifting and Twisting but some little one's.  Today was that day.  I drove to my sister's house.  I'm not supposed to drive for 6 weeks, but again sometimes you gotta break the rules.  Hence the title of today's blog. 

Well I went over there and got the normal sad, sad stories of her life.  Yup even though I've been through surgery and my pay is cut in half (work pays medical leave benefits), her life is worse than mine.  I can't believe she thinks things are that bad for her.  Don't get me wrong she has a lot of problems.  She has a crap job and she is trying to raise 4 kids alone, but most of it is her own doing.  I love her but she doesn't help herself, she is an alcoholic and can't figure out where all of her money goes.

Anyway back to breaking the rules.  I'm in some pain from doing it, but I needed out of the house.  I suggest you break some of your doctors rules.  Nothing that will hamper your health or your healing, just little things.  Ok you know nothing dangerous, I hadn't taken any meds today before leaving the house because that could have been dangerous.  Drink a glass of wine once in a while.  Have a shower 2 days early.  Eat ice cream if you want it.  Just something minor.  It made me feel better to get out of the house on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment