Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Day Before the Nightmare!!!!

Well it's the day before surgery and I'm panicking now.  Do I really need to have this surgery?  Is the pain this bad?  Why did I commit to doing this?  Ok I know the answers to all of these.  I committed to doing this because the pain is that bad.  I can't live like this anymore.  I need to have the surgery, to stop the degeneration of my spine as much as possible. 

I am just seriously freaking out about the surgery.  My family isn't understanding that I will be doing nothing for weeks.  They are acting like they did when I had my gallbladder removed, and this isn't gallbladder surgery.  This is a big ugly painful back surgery, the kind you need a walker after.

I started my surgery prep yesterday.  I've got to shower with this stuff called Hibiclens.  Not sure exactly what it's supposed to do but I'm following orders.  I do know not to get it in my eyes or ears.  The nurse said you can go blind or deaf from this stuff.  Nice huh?  Doesn't say that on the bottle so no telling how many people wash their face with this stuff not knowing the side effects.  Anyway 1 shower a day with this stuff and a long shower before heading to the hospital tomorrow.  The nurse said to make it a long, relaxing shower because I won't be able to for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment