Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tuesday's SUCK

Ok maybe not but this Tuesday does.  You would think I would be happy that I slept all night and late today.  Oh hell no.  If you ever have this surgery get up every 4-6 hours whether you want to or not.  Not only are all of the muscle relaxers and pain killers out of my system (OUCH) but everything is stiffened up from being in the same position for too long.  I will be setting an alarm from now on for around 2am.  I honestly didn't think I would sleep through the pain but it was really cold in here last night.  I sleep like the dead when it is really cold.

My poor husband thinks it's his fault.  It isn't how could he know that my back would lock up if I slept for too long.  He thought the sleep would do me good.  I've tried not to cry too much this morning so he wouldn't feel too bad.  I don't think he has caught me crying yet.

I'm hoping that my meds start working soon.  I need to get up and move.  I want to do my walking for the morning, even though its a little late.  I'll cut my body some slack today, there must have been a reason my body felt the need to sleep all night and all morning even though the pain was horrific when I woke up.

I'm still wondering what approach I'm going to use with the hospital over the nursing staff.  I decided yesterday it wouldn't be a good idea to call them.  I'm thinking of waiting a few weeks when I am strong enough to walk into the hospital and controlling my pain and emotions.  Something really needs to be done.  I'm relatively young can you imagine you grandmother getting the treatment I got?  It is very disturbing.  I can't imagine how my parents would take it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment