Monday, September 7, 2009

Getting to know me!!!

Hi everyone. This is my first blog and I'm creating it to diary my back problems. Unfortunately it can't be from beginning to end because the beginning was 9 or 10 years ago. I have an L4/L5 grade 2 Spondylolisthesis, it was a grade 1 when it was originally diagnosed. It has progressed since my original diagnosis. I also now have Degenerative Disc Disease between L4/L5. I have forminal stenosis, and this is all unstable. Every step I take moves my L4 in odd directions. I am being seen by an orthopedic surgeon. I've done physical therapy with no improvement, in fact I'm worse every time I go. I had an Epidural Steroid Injection with no improvement. I'm now in the process of scheduling surgery. The doctor is recommending a posterior lumbar interbody fusion(PLIF) but first.... There is always a but isn't there. Anyway I have to pass a drug test in about a week and a half to prove I've quit smoking. Ok yeah I know I have a better chance if I'm a non-smoker but don't you think that is my risk to take? Ok I was already on Wellbutrin to quit when he told me that. I was down to 3 cigarettes a day, and I did totally stop on September 4th. It is killing me but I need my back to feel better. I'll go into further detail about PLIF's and other surgical options in future posts. In my blog I'll probably link to some of my favorite sites about back pain, and some of my favorites sites about everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment